The YIS Health Office, located on the first floor of the K-1 Building, serves as the school infirmary and health information resource center for the YIS community.
Should you have any health-related questions, feel free to contact us by phone at 045-621-4027 or by email to email@example.com. The office is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on school days.
When should my sick child stay home from school?
While going to school regularly is very important, a sick child in the classroom probably will not be able to learn well and may spread a contagious disease to her/his classmates. It is in your child’s and their classmates’ best interest to keep them home from school when they are not feeling well.
You should not send your child to school if she/he has:
- A temperature reading of above 37.5C in the past 24 hours (Child should not return to school until they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours.)
- Vomiting in the past 24 hours
- Diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Strep Throat (must have been taking an antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school)
- Bad cold, with a very runny nose or a bad cough, especially if it has kept the child awake at night
- Influenza, a child needs to stay away from school 5 days after the start of symptoms and should be fever free for 2 days without using medication. The onset of flu symptoms (such as having high fever) is considered to be day 0, so in total students should stay away from school for 6 days.
If you have any questions about whether or not your child should stay home fr
Medicine Administration During School
The Medical Authorization form can be found on the School Forms page.
General Health Information & Resources
The Medical Directory contains a list of hospitals, clinics and other medical resources that may be useful for parents.