As a school with strong ties to the constantly changing international community in Japan, we consider our alumni to include all former students - "once a dragon, always a dragon". We are proud of our alumni and they are an important part of the YIS community both locally, internationally and online.
We aim to continually offer more opportunities for alumni to be actively connected to the school. This includes visits, networking, mentoring opportunities, interactions with students, and by offering new ideas on how to keep YIS at the forefront of international education while still maintaining its small school feel and strong sense of community and culture.
We are always interested to hear what alumni are doing, whether it's in their professional life and careers or more personal achievements such as marriages and births.
Our alumni portal allows former students the chance to browse and download past yearbooks, keep their information up to date and view the latest alumni news and events in one convenient place. We will be sending login details to all our alumni, if you haven't received contact us for assistance.
Visits To Our Campus
We would love to have alumni visit our campus any time of the year. We realize that many alumni visit the school in June and December when many end-of term events are held to reminisce with teachers and former school mates. We ask that the following protocols be followed in order to manage all visits to school and to maintain our COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Make an appointment at least 48hrs before their intended visit by submitting this visit request form.
- The maximum group size is 4 people. Family and other YIS alumni may join the group.
- Visits are possible between 3:30pm and 5pm on weekdays. Visitors must leave the campus by 5pm.
- Visiting alumni may walk through the campus unaccompanied, but must follow campus rules and protocols.
- Common COVID-19 hygiene practices of wearing masks and hand sanitizing also apply.