University Counseling

University and career counseling is a major part of the support offered to our high school students at a time when they are able to reflect on the decisions they have made so far, and to make important choices for their future. We understand that this can often be an emotional time for both students and parents, and hope to assist students in finding the best post-secondary path for each unique individual. For over 90% of our graduating seniors this is direct matriculation to university, but it may also be a career, a gap year or another plan.

If going to a university is your ultimate goal, when you begin searching for the “right” university, remember that it doesn’t necessarily have to be one of the most selective or famous. Challenging yourself is of course encouraged in all aspects of life, but there are also many advantages to going to lesser-known schools. We believe that students should choose universities with programs and features that best meet their particular interests, and not be pressured into applying to the most selective schools just because they sound impressive.

Whether you decide to go directly to university from high school, find a job, or take a year off, it is our sincere hope that we will be able to make this transition in your life a little less stressful, and even fun and exciting.


University Matriculation

Each year, over 90% of our graduates enter institutions of higher learning directly, matriculating to colleges and universities in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Japan, the Netherlands and other countries. The other 10% typically choose to take a gap year.

See our recent college and university acceptances.

High School Profile

When YIS students apply to colleges and universities, we provide grade transcripts, teacher recommendations, and a high school profile with information regarding our our academic programs, course offerings, test scores and assessment policy.

See the most recent profile.

Powered by Finalsite