Welcome to the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) at YIS. The PTSA is a voluntary organization that aims to benefit students and their families whilst at YIS. The main objectives of the PTSA are to:
- Support the goals of YIS.
- Raise funds for specific projects.
- Serve and support parents and students.
- Be a link between the different interests at the school.
- Give parents the opportunity to get together in a friendly and social atmosphere.
- Provide assistance for new YIS families through our Mentor Program.
We hold monthly general meetings, where all parents are welcome to attend and take part in the discussions together with participating teachers and students representatives. At the meetings, you can meet and get to know other PTSA members and make your voice heard about a range of school-related issues. PTSA Executive members also meet with the administration on a monthly basis.
Events and Activities
The PTSA plans, coordinates and runs various events throughout the school year in order to promote a spirit of community at the school, while raising funds to support after-school activities and purchases of new school equipment and other items that will enhance the educational opportunities offered to students. Examples of major events include:
- Welcome party for parents, teachers and staff at the beginning of the school year.
- The annual Food Fair
- Head of School’s Quiz Night
In addition to these events, we also organize class coffee/lunch gatherings for parents and class/grade parties for our students as well as a variety of activities for parents.
Communicating With Parents
Communications is an important role of the PTSA. We share information about upcoming events, meetings and activities with parents in the school community through a number of channels:
We encourage everyone in the community to become active members of the PTSA. We are always looking for new ideas and there are many ways to get involved. Please join us at our next meeting or email us for more information.